Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First Post

Well, this is my first post and I am unsure on how to begin, so I will just write what comes to mind. In my life I have learned quite a few things, and I'm only 16. It amazes me. Now I'm not talking about the stuff we learn at school, like the quadratic formula, or Newton's laws of motion; I'm talking about myself. It boggles my mind, the fact that we learn about ourselves throughout life. You'd think you'd have a pretty good idea of who you are, but in reality you know about yourself as much as others do. And we change. Two years ago, I did not have the thoughts, the interests, the music tastes I do now. I look back at myself and wonder what the hell I was thinking. We are constantly changing whether we know it or not; some of us for the better, others for the worst, depending on how you perceive the world. Lately, I have been taking things easy. I've learned that not everything is or will remain perfect. My English teacher this year has taught me that everything will be flawed, so there is no point in attempting to preserve it. He may have just been talking about a scratch on a car, or a stain on a new shirt, but to me it meant something else. Everything will be flawed, so why worry? I have had that question engraved in my head since he mentioned this. And now, I don't get so upset over things that don't go the way I want them to. It may sound pessimistic, but to me it seems optimistic. By things being already flawed, then there is no reason to be worried. It's gonna happen, it's inevitable, so might as well let it happen sooner than later so that you stop having to worry about it. Enjoy things,people, places the way they are right now at the moment, don't think about the way they'll be in the future. You'll spend too much time focusing on the future that you won't be able to enjoy them while they're still there. So I ask you dear reader, to not sweat it. Whether it'd be something as small as cracking your phone screen, or losing a friend, if it happens, it happens. It was meant to be, and you can't change a thing. Just take things as they come. Carpe diem.
Peace, love, apathy
Flower Child 

No comments:

Post a Comment