Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Born in the Wrong Generation

I feel as though I was born in the wrong generation. I am very sure, and very aware that many of us feel the same way, but man you don't realize how strongly I believe that I was born in the wrong generation. Today's teenagers disgust me. The way they dress, the way they act, the "music" they listen to; all of it is crap. Now, I can rant on and on about why my generation sucks, but I'd rather not. I'd rather talk about how great the 60's were, in my opinion. Sure the war in Vietnam was going on and racism in America was still a big deal, but there were hippies, GREAT music, and good vibes. I wish I could have been there when the hippie movement began. Hippies worshiped Mother Nature, they defied authority, and seemed to not have a care in the world (other than protesting to end the war). I wish teenagers today could be that way. Not caring about the way they look/dress, all coming together as one, being calm & loving, and listening to some rad tunes. The world would be so much better if we all had that mentality, but unfortunately its not that way. Everyone only cares for themselves, people are rude and uptight, and some, not all, people have bad music tastes. I know this contradicts my first post about living for today and enjoying the present, but by me sharing this with you, it'll hopefully show you where a lot of my thoughts come from. They come from the years 1967-1969. The way I talk, the way I act, the way I think, the way I perceive things all come from those amazing years. Imagine the world filled with a bunch of hippies, how awesome that'd be, living life in peace. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I am not the only one.I hope some day you join us, and the world will be as one." 

Peace, love, apathy
Flower Child

No comments:

Post a Comment